We are constantly looking out for trying something new in our life every now and then and this has become a lot like pressure now. We are so caught up in the regular Mondays to Fridays that the urge for doing something new is a struggle that is getting real. If you find yourself along the same lines too then here we bring a new delight for you at a distance of about 272 km from Bangalore. It is the Kumara Parvatha trek we are talking about where you could spend some fabulous time off the regular life. Also, how about ditching the normal places for the weekend getaways for this adventurous trek destination? If you are up for it, let’s get this started.
Kumara Parvatha is a lesser known weekend getaway destinations from Bangalore but it is worth it by all means and it is located in the Kodagu district of Karnataka. It is the second highest mountain peak post the Tadiandamol peak in this region in the Western ghats. The trek popularly called as Pushpagiri is a tougher trek as compared to the other ones in this region but it is a worthy one to be at. The mighty mountains, valleys, lush green vegetation, brooks, etc are some of the things to explore at the trail of the Kumara Parvatha trek. The trekkers would also cross the Pushpagiri wildlife sanctuary is also going to be covered in the trail of the Kumara Parvatha trek.
October to February is the best time to visit the Kumara Parvatha trek because the Kumara Parvatha weather at this time is the best. The post Monsoons months happen to the best for this trek as the temperature is really pleasant.
Though the trek to Kumara Parvatha is quite unfamiliar or less popular but it is hands down one of the best treks in India that every adventurer must go for. You are sure to get the utmost adrenaline rush and fill your holidays with totally offbeat experiences.
Have an overnight road trip journey from Bangalore and reach the campsite or the home stay in the morning. Check in, get freshen up, and get your breakfast.
The trek starts to the Bhattara Mane.
Post reaching the Bhattara Mane spot, wait for lunch.
Post completing the formalities of Forest Check post, the trek ascends to Shesha Parvatha.
At around in the late afternoon, the trekkers would reach Kumara Parvatha peak. The trekkers can have some quality time there and explore the sights from the peak.
Start moving to get back.
The night will be spent at Bhattara Mana doing the bonfire and relishing on the local food.
Wake up to get a great breakfast in the hills and enjoy it in a beautiful view.
Start trekking back to reach the base point of the trek.
Start the road trip to Bangalore.
The accommodation for this 2 days trek is on the double and triple sharing basis. There are different accommodation option for the boys and the girls.
All the things that are required in the accommodation like the blanket, bags, pillows, etc all are available and included in the package.
Separate washrooms and changing rooms are there for women and men. It can be used by the people on different time.
On the first day, the trekkers will be given packed lunch. It will be a fresh meal which goes without the worry of hygiene and durability.
Dinner on the first day is also included. It will be enjoyed with the bonfire which makes it even more fun.
Delicious local breakfast on the second day that will be enjoyed with the views of the peaks all around.
All the meals that are included in the Kumar Parvatha trek package would be pure vegetarian.
The transport will be provided depending upon the group size of the trek for the road trip. It can either be a non AC tempo traveller or the mini bus with the push back seats.
The transport would be available for a road trip from Bangalore to Bangalore. If the trekkers are from some other place, they have to reach Bangalore and meet the group from where the trek would start together.
The trek leads will be given to the trekkers from the Togedr team and they will accompany the trekkers throughout.
Forest permits are essential for trekking in the forest and the permits are included in the package itself. The trekkers need not worry about it.
Forest guide would also join the trek from where the forest trail starts.
1. A Backpack with all your necessities to cover the entire trek.
2. A rain cover because you cannot predict temperature. The climate is really unpredictable at the mountains.
3. Water bottles and all your refreshments which include all sorts of hydration packs which you prefer to keep you energized.
4. Snacks like the energy bars and the protein bars which would give you instant energy during your trek. During the non-meal hours, you can eat these and get back on the track with full energy.
5. Personal Medical Kit with all the necessary first aid items and medicines which you feel you will need. It is always advisable to take medicines for dizziness, upset stomach, headache, and cold and cough while being in Himalayan camps or anywhere.
6. Pack your outfits with all the relatable clothing items like wind and waterproof jackets, t- shirts, track pants, thermal inners, trekking shoes and fleece jackets. All the necessary winter outfits for the winter treks.
7. All the toiletries products in a bag because you will need them the most.
8. Also do not forget to take your extra accessories like the sunglasses, caps, gloves, walking stick, torch, and similar other items. These products are really important and you would not get the chance to buy them anywhere while being on the trek.
9. It is always better to stick to the trek pants and the joggers. They keep you comfortable and perfectly fine while walking up and down the rocky ridges. We also advise you to keep extra joggers with you
10. Do carry a pair of gloves as you will need them the most.
Day 1 – Trek to Kumar Parvatha
The trek starts with an overnight road trip from Bangalore. You would reach the next morning to Subramanya at around 6 am. After a hectic trip, some time would be given to refresh yourselves, have breakfast, chill, and get on to start the trek journey. From the base camp, the trek progresses to Bhattara Mane and also cross the Kukke Subramanya temple that comes in the trek trail as well. It is at this stop where a pause will be taken for the lunch break. Packed lunch will be served to relish in the lap of the nature.
Post lunch, the trek again resumes to Sesha Parvatha to finally reach the Kumar Parvatha peak. On reaching the summit, ample time will be given to the trekkers to click pictures, explore the vicinity, soak in the vibe of the hills, and then start descending to the Bhattara Mane spot again.
Post reaching the first spot, the time will be given to the trekkers to relax after a tiring day. The evening and the night time will be spent having dinner with the bonfire. This is the best time apart from reaching the summit because it is this time when the trekkers get to chill and enjoy with each other.
Day 2 – Sunrise and Descend from Bhattara Mane
The trekkers must wake up early in the morning to view the beautiful sunrise from the hills. Breakfast will be served to the trekkers at this point. It is splendid to eat the food under the sky at the sunrise time and feel pleasant about this not so regular life The trek finally ends here when the tents are collapsed and the descend from Bhattara Mane starts. Post few hours of walking, the trekkers would reach the base camp from where the bus for Bangalore will be taken. Post reaching Bangalore, the trekkers have to make their own way.