For instant booking call +91 8800440150
In today's hectic and chaotic environment everyone wants to spend time with their family and loved ones. But the schedules and work do not allow them. In this one on one situation camping is an activity that can be easily planned with family. It is neither tiring nor over budget. Camping is one surreal experience which everyone must experience in their lives. Getting detached from the real regular world and spending some time in the raw nature. In this generation, it is really very important to leave aside all the facilities and the technologies that we consider a boon, just for a day or two and enjoy the beauty of the mother earth. Camping is an experience which rejuvenates you and makes you feel fresh. Camping makes one more connected to nature. The people of 21st has lost somewhere among the gadgets. To find your worth and peace of mind camping is a one of the best trip that you can plan. Under the naked sky full of stars with a bonfire, recalling the old tales of your friends and family is the eternal experience that can not be achieved through gadgets. Camping at a destination is itself an amazing experience that cannot be described but should be felt.
Dharamshala Himachal Camping
Dharamshala Himachal Pradesh is one of the best camping destinations in India. Dharamshala is an incredible hill station of Himachal Pradesh. It is not so popular amongst the tourists. places like Shimla or Manali but surely it is one of the most beautiful towns of the state. These days tourists are considering Dharamshala Himachal as one of the top tourist destinations during the season and also during the off seasons. This city is beautiful and one is sure to come across some of the best views at any time of the year. Hotels in Dharamshala are always filled with guests. The best hotels in Dharamshala ensure you to give the best view ever. Like all the other cities, even Dharamshala Himachal is famous for camping and hiking amongst the amongst the adventure lovers. Dharamshala has a pleasant temperature and this makes for an incredible camping experience. The Dharamshala Himachal camping is one of the best camping places in India and is highly popular amongst the travellers and adventure seekers. One gets to do a lot of things while being at the Dharamshala Himachal camping like going on the commando net, Mogli walks, climbing the Burma bridge, net climbing, tree climbing and many more adventurous activities are involved. Even Paragliding in Dharamshala is one of the commonest activities to try out.
Location and How to Reach
The Dharamshala trek is located in Himachal Pradesh. The trekkers or the adventure enthusiasts have to reach the base camp site at Dharamshala Himachal to go on the trek. One can take the roadways to reach Dharamshala Himachal Pradesh. One can book personal cabs or go on public transport and reach the base camp of Dharamshala. It is always better to go camping in Mcleodgunj during the summers and the monsoon season. This is the best time to enjoy the best view of the place along with having incredible home stays in Dharamshala. The trekkers will return with a lot of picturesque sights if they go camping in Mcleodgunj during this season. Paragliding in Dharamshala is better during these seasons.
Duration: 4 days
Best Season: Summers to Winters
Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate. It is suited for the beginners.
Region: Himachal Pradesh
Day 01 – Arrive at the camp
The Dharamshala camp or famously called Mcleodgunj trekking as the distance from Mcleodgunj to Dharamshala is really less starts with the arrival at the Salli base camp and checking into the campsite. A lot of fun and offbeat activities are included on the first day like:
Day 02 – Go on a trek for camping at Handi
The next day of the Mcleodgunj trekking is also quite adventurous as you are taken for a small trekking expedition at Handi. The trek begins after breakfast and is alongside the river Khauli. You will be doing the following things at this trek:
Day 03 – Visit the Chandrela temple
This day is all about going to the heights and exploring new places. Begin the trek for Chandrela temple, post breakfast. You have to tread on the glaciers and also enjoy other thrilling activities as well. The day will be spent at this camp and the other activities will be same. Paragliding in Dharamshala is really very famous and the trekkers can try that too.
Day 04 – Do some adventure activities and return back
Enjoy the beautiful view of nature and see the Maharana Ranjit Singh reservoirs. Enjoy being outdoors in the camp and enjoy the nature. Do some other activities like climbing Bumrah bridge, Commando net and Mogli walk. After spending 4 adventurous days, Mcledogunj trekking ends and the trekkers return to their place.
One has to stay in the camping tents and the trekkers will be taught how to set up their own tents while being on the Mcleodgunj trekking. The tents will be totally raw yet comfortable. The best thing is that the trekkers will be given the tips on how to set up their tents.
Meal during the Trek: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, soup, snacks, tea, and coffee will be served during their camping in Mcleodgunj. The meal will be served according to the time the trekkers spend on their camp. For the full days spend, the meal for the whole day will be served and so on.
Bonfire: Bonfire is one of the major activities while camping in Mcleodgunj so this will be done. In case, during the monsoons the weather does not permit for such activities, there could be some last minute amendments.
1. Transportation during the Dharamshala Himachal camp.
2. Camping equipment like the tents, sleeping bags and the sleeping mats.
3. Guide, helper, cook and the other required staff.
4. Forest entry charges and all the necessary charges and permit fees while going on Dharamshala Himachal camping.
5. Meals and first aid kit while being on the Dharamshala Himachal camp.
6. Mules and porters for carrying the camping luggage of about 10 kg per person.
7. Mountaineering qualified and the professional trekkers who have ample knowledge of the Himalayan camp.
8. The first aid basic kit is available for the trekkers along with the portal oxygen. It is really important during the Himalayan camps like the Mcleodgunj to Triund camp.
1. Personal Expenses and also the personal porters for personal use to cover the entire Mcleodgunj trekking expedition.
2. Transport to and from Dharamshala Himachal Pradesh.
3. Insurance of any kind for this.
4. Personal trekking equipment for homestay in Dharamshala.
Things to Carry
1. Backpack with all your necessities to cross this entire Mcleodgunj trekking expedition.
2. A rain cover because you cannot predict the Dharamshala Himachal temperature.
3. Water bottles and all your refreshments which include all sorts of hydration packs which you prefer.
4. Snacks like the energy bars and the protein bars which would give you instant energy while camping at Mcleodgunj.
5. Personal Medical Kit with all the necessary first aid items and medicines which you feel you will need. It is always advisable to take medicines for dizziness, upset stomach, headache, and cold and cough while being on Dharamshala Himachal camps or any other camps.
6. Pack your outfits with all the relatable clothing items like wind and waterproof jackets, t-shirts, track pants, thermal inners, trekking shoes and fleece jackets. All the necessary winter outfits for the winter treks like Mcleodgunj to Triund trek.
7. All the toiletries products in a bag because you will need them the most.
8. Also do not forget to take your extra accessories like the sunglasses, caps, gloves, walking stick, torch, and similar other items while going to Dharamshala Himachal Pradesh.
9. You must avoid the sports shoes, jeans and shorts while going to the Himalayan camps like the Mcleodgunj trekking camps. It is always better to stick to the trek pants and the joggers.
Tariff For Customized Group Per Person
Direct arrival at camp
8541/- (2 Participants)
8216/- (3 Participants)
8216/- (4-5 Participants)
7383/- (6-12 Participants)
7506/- (13-25 Participants)
7349/- (26+ Participants)
9741/- (2 Participants)
9416/- (3 Participants)
9116/- (4-5 Participants)
7938/- (6-12 Participants)
7890/- (13-25 Participants)
7709/- (26+ Participants)
11941/- (2 Participants)
11616/- (3 Participants)
11316/- (4-5 Participants)
10138/- (6-12 Participants)
10090/- (13-25 Participants)
9909/- (26+ Participants)
We have traveled ourselves to handpick best in class service partners for each location to provide you a memorable experience.
We are a budget travel platform and it is our endeavor to bring all the listed experiences on the platform at the minimum possible cost. So If you get the same package anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference in the cost to you.
We have in city activities and out city adventures across every category so that you never miss the best things to do anywhere.
We provide 24X7 customer support to travelers to ensure they have a hassle-free experience.