Remember our childhood days when we would wait for the clock to tick 4, pick up our cycles and scandalize the entire colony. First cycles hold a special place in our hearts and we cherish the memory of our parents teaching us how to ride it.
Cycling was our everyday mandatory activity then and I guess even now, we really need it. We have become a generation of cars and mobile phones but don’t you miss taking a cycle ride while the fresh air penetrates into your skin.
The idea of outdoors is not just taking a walk. Go take a cycle ride and rejuvenate yourself. So, we give you five reasons as to why you should cycle more often and what are the benefits of cycling:
- It has immense physical benefits. The first sport suggested to anyone trying to lose weight is cycling.It improves your breathing and with proper breathing, you get better at cycling. It also helps to tone muscles. The muscles around the hamstrings, quads, glutes, and calves can be very well built and can be maintained in shape by the process of cycling. If you engage in regular cycling then you can have nice toned muscles, to be precise.
- Scientifically speaking, cycling helps reduce stress by releasing adrenaline and endorphins. It is like taking your mind for a walk. You usually tend to forget all the worries of the world when cycling.
- Cycling makes your heart healthier and increases the blood circulation in your body. This makes your heart strong and hence it cuts down the heart diseases and the heart risks. So, to save you from any kind of heart issues, cycling is the best option.
- People fighting insomnia should cycle more often, it helps you sleep better. When you indulge yourself in any heavy mental or physical activity, your mind gets an opportunity to relax at night and thus comes a good night sleep.
- Cycling rejuvenates the soul. Cycling is like possibly one of the best ‘me’ times you can get yourself. Make a playlist and go for a ride. We need the fresh air after all.
So, these were some of the offbeat benefits of cycling. We always loved cycling and I think we should not stop it. Paddle an extra mile for happiness with Togedr!