To me, travel is mostly a necessity to fulfil my soul. Travelling over the years made me understand that I’m an adrenaline junkie and how important it is to have the right amount of adventure in our lives such as trying a new adventure sport, unseen activities, and exploring everything at disposal.
However, with the travel, there are a few setbacks associated with it. Like the time I got robbed while rummaging through the streets of Lajpat Nagar because I was carrying the sling sideways and did not realize what had happened until I reached back home.
Such can be avoided if we take necessary precautions and plan our trip in a right manner. For all those who Live to travel and wish to explore their adrenaline junkie side; here are the most useful travel tricks that will save you an unforgettable experience. So, let’s get started:
- Be patient – Sometimes things don’t go as planned which may lead to the inevitable circumstances. The key is to stay calm and be flexible with your approach. Henceforth, patience plays a significant role, even if you’re an adrenaline junkie.
- Ready to live your bucket list – Creating a bucket list is a never-ending task, especially if you’re an adrenaline junkie. Since you’re a wanderer and wish to keep exploring new adventure activities then have your own crazy bucket list ready before you start your travel. The one time that an idea crosses your mind, You, my friend, write it down!
- Learn how to interact with locals – Learning the simple phrases of the local language is always helpful. Interacting with the locals by using their regional phrases like “thank you” and “Sorry” is the way to go about it. And if you’re a globetrotter then this is going to make your travel easier and more enjoyable.
- Keep backups for your camera and phone – I remember the time when I was in Bir for a paragliding adventure and guess what? The time I had gotten to that epic spot, my phone battery went off and there I was, cringing over not being able to take a great shot from the takeoff point.
- Travel insurance & a first aid kit – A medical crisis can knock down your entire savings. We suggest using a good travel insurance. Also, don’t forget to keep a first aid kit having medicines like aspirin, Benadryl, and a few bandages inside it.
- Keep photocopies of your documents – Wherever you go, keep copies of your id proofs and photos with you. It can prove to be a blessing in disguise. For instance, If you’re travelling overseas and your passport goes missing then those copies will come to your rescue.
- Pre-plan your outfits – If you love to get clicked and want good pictures at the end of the trip then plan your outfits accordingly. You don’t wanna go back home disappointed just because you did not have the destination/weather specific outfits.
- Enquiry prices – Enquiring about the prices in advance is always a smart move to make. Ask about the local transport fare and compare the prices of adventure activities before you embus for an unknown destination.
- Always remember to save your Hotel Address on your phone – I tend to forget my room number quite often and assuming so many of you like me. Always keep it on your phone to experience a hassle-free journey.
- Lotion and your sunblock – Never go out without a sunscreen on or get a lotion with an SPF. It’s a must-have in your travel kit.
- Bring back souvenirs – The French word “souvenir” means remembrance and rightly so. Bringing back some souvenirs will always refresh the memories associated with the time you had spent with the people during your journey.